Introducing my Sunflower knitting pattern, so you can have bright and cheerful sunflowers in your home all year round. The stalk has a bamboo skewer inside it so it stands up straight. The flower is 7 cm diameter and 21 cm tall. The flower pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The stalk is i-cord knitted on two DPNs. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the sunflower.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 3 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- Two 3.5mm DPNs (US 4)
- Double knitting yarn (DK or light worsted weight)
- A small amount of toy filling
- A bamboo skewer
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.