Sunny Rays Cardigan
Knitting for babies and children brings joy and is fun to do, especially if it's quick and easy. Sunny Rays Cardigan fits the bill, as an easy to work sideways knit buttoned sweater, that is a lot easier to make than it looks. Delightful rays spread out from the neckline in this two colour cardigan, lending itself to exploring countless colour combinations.
NOTE: This garment is designed using larger needles than what are generally recommended with DK weight yarn, to get a lighter airier fabric, suitable for small children. Please do not use worsted weight yarn, even if the gauge/ tension is correct.
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Sizes 0-6 months, 6- 12 months, 1- 2 years, 2-3 years, 3-4 years , To fit chests of 41- 46- 51- 56- 61 cm or 16- 18- 20- 22- 24 " , About 28- 30- 32- 36- 39 cm or 11- 12- 12 1/2- 14- 15 1/2 " long from neck to hem edge
- Suitable for intermediate knitters
Materials you need at home:
- Materials Rowan Felted Tweed DK weight yarn in two colours Main Colour (MC) (Camel) 100- 100- 100- 150 -150 g and Contrast Colour (CC) (Duck Egg) 100- 100- 100- 150- 150 g at 175m per 50 g , Knitting needles 4.5 mm (US7) Circular minimum length 60 cm or 24" , two 4.5 mm DPN's for the I-cord edging, although you can use the circular needle for this, if you prefer.removable stitch marker stitch holders 5 buttons, 16 mm or 5/8 " diameter Tension/ Gauge 20 sts and 40 rows make 10 cm or 4" square in garter stitch
I have been involved with textiles of all kinds from very early on in my life. I come from a family of artists and other creative people. Designing knitting and sewing patterns that are both beautiful and practical is my passion.