Meet Sunshine Bob and his friend the Reggae Bobbel! These two are the cheeriest, happiest knitted friends imaginable. Especially Bob is really chilled and copes with all situations life has in store for him with a big big smile. And a song, of course. It will not surprise you that Bob & Bobbel are planning to set up a cover band of ... who? You guess!
You will get a step-by-step instruction for Bob, and I throw in the pattern for Bobbel FOR FREE. Also included is a detailed appendix for the techniques you need. Bob is easily managable for beginners; the Reggae Bobbel is technically a bit more demanding and will teach you the fantastic (and easy) technique of short rows German style.
You should already master: - cast on - bind off - knit and purl - knitting in the round with double pointed needles
Detailed instructions for the following techniques are included: - decreases - increases - sewing an stitching - provisional bast on (you only need it for the Bobbel) - short rows (you only need it for the Bobbel) - 3-needle bind-off (you only need it for the Bobbel)
And now have fun knitting! Yours Steffi
- Clear and elaborated step-by-step instruction for BOB and BOBBEL with pictures for the crucial steps
- Appendix with all techniques needed (You should know how to cast on, bind of, knit and purl. All other techniques are explained in detail)
Materials you need at home:
- Lana Grossa Cool Wool Merino Superfein (100 % Merino, 175 yards (160 m) per 1.76 ounces (50 g) ) in BROWN, YELLOW, GREEN, RED and, if you want to work the trousers in different colour, BRIGHT GREEN. Substitute with any yarn in Sport / 5 ply (12 wpi) – actually, except the brown yarn I used up red, green and yellow leftovers of different quality but more or less similar yardage compared to Lana Grossa Cool Wool Merino Superfein.
- Mohair yarn or similar in BLACK for the dreadlocks
- 2 black halfbeads ø 6 mm, small black beads for the Reggae Animal, black twine
- Felt in white, matching sewing thread
- Strong felt, approx 2 or 3 mm thickness, approx 5 x 2 inches (12 x 4 cm)
- Set of size 3 US (3 mm, 12 UK) double pointed needles
- Crochet hook size G US (4 mm, 8 UK)
- 1 stitchholder
- Embroidery needle, sewing needle, darning needle
- Polyester stuffing or similar, scissors, glue
I love knitting! (There will be a longer version of my introduction soon, but for the time being, this sentence says it all, doesn't it?)