- Written and charted pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate knitter
- Duplicate stitching tutorial included
- No sewing
- Gauge 20 stitches and 26 rows = 4 inches in stockinette
- Digital PDF has 6 pages (A4 size)
A sweet little baby cardigan for that special little baby in your life. Worked back and forth from the top down in one piece, with i-cord neck and hem finishing and either a cute tie or loop and button closure. As a finishing touch an applique of either the Pi symbol, a rabbit or a sheep is applied with duplicate stitching. If desired, the picture could also be made using intarsia instead.
Sizing This pattern includes 4 baby and toddler sizes: Newborn (3 – 6 months, 12 – 18 months, 24 months). The pattern is written with 2.5 – 5 cm (1-2 inch) of positive ease.
Skills required This pattern is suitable for the beginning knitter, who is ready to learn new finishing techniques. Techniques used consist of provisional cast on, i-cord bind off, regular i-cord and duplicate stitching. For duplicate stitching is a photo tutorial included. Stitches used: K, P, Kfb, slipped stitches.