- Written & charted instructions
- Illustrated tutorial for Kitchener Stitch
- Metric & imperial measurements
- To fit size: 18 [20, 22] in/45.75 [50.75, 56] cm
Materials you need at home:
- 115 [137, 162] yd/105 [126, 149] m DK weight, plied yarn
- 40yd/37m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Pair 3.5mm/UK--/US4 straight needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- 3.5mm crochet hook
- Approx. 3yd/3m waste yarn
- Tapestry needle
Sweet Winkie is a playful take on a traditional stocking cap. Worked sideways and finished with a picot edge, this design is sure to provide just the right amount of whimsy.
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.