- The e-book includes 34 color pages (DIN A4):
- 17 pages detailed photo instructions with many sewing tipps, fabric information, etc. Even if you've never sewn swimwear, here everything is explained.
- 10 Pages of patterns in 11 EU girls' sizes* (98, 104, 110, 116, 122, 128, 134, 140, 146, 152, 158 = US sizes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
- design examples
- the sewing pattern itself also comes as a large format pdf for plotter (german labeling) and a large format layered pdf, optimized for projector cutting (with english labeling)!
Materials you need at home:
- Use only four-way and very stretchy fabrics. Works best with swimsuit lycra / spandex.
- Swimsuit elastic.
- Polyester sewing thread
Tutorial and sewing pattern for a girls' swimsuit and bikini
This ebook includes three variants of a simple, straight-cut basic swimsuit: - a rather girly version with small flounce - a very simple, sporty swimsuit - and a sporty bikini.
Difficulty: All three models are sewn quickly and need very little fabric. However, some sewing experience (especially with stretchy jersey materials) as well as an overlock machine are highly recommended.
The swimsuit is designed for children who do NOT wear diapers. Therefore, it is unfortunately NOT suitable as a onesie pattern for older children.
PLEASE NOTE: My sewing patterns don't include the seam allowance, it needs to be added when cutting out the pieces. All measurements are in centimeters / meters.
I have great patterns for young and old. Whether as an e-book with detailed photo instructions, or compact and inexpensive with text instructions: there is something for everyone! All of my patterns are constructed and graded by hand. Easily understandable explanations, background knowledge and many tips from the sewing box complete the whole thing. Sewing fun for beginners and experts!