- Layer and Tiled PDF Pattern for LETTER & A4 printing - 30-43 pages
- Large Format PDF Pattern for printing 33" wide at local copy shop - 92"/116" long or 2-3 A0 pages
- Sizes XXS-5XL to fit bust measurements up to 65" INCHES (imperial)
- Clearly illustrated and written instructions
Materials you need at home:
- 2.5 - 5.5 yards of a light-medium weight fabric, 4-8oz (see size chart in supporting images)
- 1.5 - 2 yards fusible interfacing
- 3 buttons
- 6-8 hours time (on average)
The Swing Coat will quickly become your new favorite lightweight jacket for those in-between seasons, as its mid calf length make it that perfect final layer. It has side seam pockets, notched collar and deep side slits. The mitered corners at the hem make it a professional finish, which will have you feeling impressed by your own sewing skills.
Intermediate Level - average 6 hours of prep and sewing. Sizes: XXS - 5X (see the reference size chart in the images)
Fabric suggestions: Use a light - medium weight (4-8 oz), woven fabric that doesn’t need a lining. Fabrics with a nice drape have a more circle-skirt effect, while fabrics with more structure will result in an a-line silhouette. Cotton, linen and silk are great options. Try twill, denim, Shantung silk, flannel or canvas.
Helpful tutorials: Swing Coat Sew Along: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGNxGEr5FU How to Measure Yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhDrRtw_Ag&t=127s Preparing Fabric for Sewing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=223s&v=PoGAqtrMCh4 How to Shorten or Lengthen a Pattern: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Of2q595B4g&t=4s
This is a digital product.
Sizes XXS-XL: US Letter - 8.5” x 11” , 32 pages A4 - 21.0 x 29.7 cm, 30 pages A0 - 33.1 x 46.8” (84.1cm x 118.9cm), 2 pages One continuous page - 33” x 92” (83.82cm x 226.06cm), 1 page
Sizes XL-5X: US Letter - 8.5” x 11” , 43 pages A4 - 21.0 x 29.7 cm, 43 pages A0 - 33.1 x 46.8” (84.1cm x 118.9cm), 3pages One continuous page - 33” x 116” (83.82cm x 294.64cm), 1 page
Open Studio Patterns
From our factory floor to your sew room, we’re sharing our patterns, our techniques and our belief that making can make change - and we can do it in style!