Tangled Quilts No 1 – beginner friendly modern quilt pattern
A modern patchwork pattern for a baby quilt or a bigger quilt to cuddle on the sofa with. The big pieces are great for showing off your favorite prints. Or you can use leftover strips that are too small for other projects.
The ebook gives you step by step instructions with colored graphics on how to sew this pattern in two different versions and sizes.
The pattern is very beginner friendly – all you need to know is how to cut strips, squares and rectangles and how to sew straight seams. With a little practice working with ruler and rotary cutter you should be able to cut and sew the top in one afternoon.
two sizes: Baby (42“ x42“) and Throw (56“ x 56“)
- 10 page ebook with detailed description of every step and lots of colored graphics
- list of required materials and quantities
- cutting and assembling instructions
- design examples for both versions
- coloring sheet & label sheet
- files in A4 & US Letter
Materials you need at home:
- for the quilt top: non-elastic woven fabric, preferably cotton (amount depends on chosen size)
- for the backing: non-elastic woven fabric, preferably cotton, or soft cuddly fabrics like fleece or plush
- for inlay: quilt batting or volume interfacing (regular or fusible) or ordinary microfibre blanket
- for binding: non-elastic woven fabric, preferably cotton
- thread in matching or contrasting colors
- sewing tools: sewing machine with a ¼“ foot, fabric scissors, iron, pins or clips; recommended: quilting needles
- cutting tools: patchwork ruler, cutting mat, rotary cutter
- for coloring and label sheet: printer, A4 paper, paper scissors
AnneT – neurodiverse creative chaos
creations of a neurodiverse mind
I grew up with the sound of my mum's and grandma's sewing machines and have been sewing since my teenage years. Focused on clothes and accessories first a few years ago I caught the patchwork virus and have been hooked up ever since.
Meanwhile I create my own designs and write patterns for traditional piecing and foundation paper piecing in English and German for beginners and advanced sewers. I love to experiment with different colors and designs and to see what others create with my ideas.