Tartan Skull Beanie Crochet Pattern
Skill Level: Intermediate
Protect you and your little ones from the cold with this tough cowl.
It's made to stand up and cover your face from the winter chill, or push it down for a nice neck warmer.
Using Fair Isle crochet you can make two sizes of this skull motif cowl.
Sizes include: Adult Cowl: 22.5" circumference x 9" high and Child Cowl: 20" circumference x 8" high
Fair Isle is a technique where two colors are used in any particular row to create pictures or designs in your project. Don't know how to do Fair Isle? Don't worry, there is an extensive photo tutorial section (13 pages!!!) that will not only teach you how to create Fair Isle but also covers all of this:
- Color Changing throughout the beanie including at the round join.
- Catching the yarn to create short floats.
- How to keep your yarn untangled.
- Photo tutorial of stitches used on beanie brim.
- How to keep your seam straight on your beanie.
- How to make a magic adjustable loop.
Skill Level Intermediate
Recommended Yarn 4 - Medium
Recommended Hook 5.5mm [US-I] 6.0mm [US-J]
Finished Measurements Adult Cowl: 22.5" circumference x 9" high and Child Cowl: 20" circumference x 8" high
The cowl includes full written instructions as well as a color chart for the Fair Isle portion.
- Written Pattern
- Charted Instructions
- 2 sizes
Materials you need at home:
- Approx. 160 yards of Knit Picks Brava Worsted yarn in Black (25693) MC Approx. 60 yards of Knit Picks Brava Worsted yarn in White (25694) CC
- 5.5mm or 6mm crochet hook
- Yarn Needle
Knit and Crochet Ever After
I strive to create fun and unique crochet and knit patterns.
I will be adding new patterns regularly as I dream them up, so stop back often.