Tea cosy, cozie Knitting pattern Knitting Nana tea cosy PDF
This pattern is to create a Knitting Nana tea cosy to fit a 2-2.5 pint teapot. All pieces are knitted flat and seamed. The cosy body is knitted using two strands of DK yarning together to create a lovely thick cosy. All other parts are made using single strand yarn. I would say that this pattern would be suitable for an intermediate knitter although the only stitches used are knit and purl and simple increase and decrease. There is a full list of abbreviations and photos to help you to create your cosy.I also include my email address if you have any questions. Pattern written in English only.
- The pattern is written with metric measurements.
- The yarn is double knit thickness.
- It is a 5 page pattern with photos.
Materials you need at home:
- Dk yarn plus Bouclé yarn for hair.
- One pair of 6mm safety eyes
- Clear adhesive
- 12 beads for the necklace
- Two 8cm cocktail sticks for Nana's needles
- Two 8mm beads for needles for Nana's needles
- 30cm of 1mm florist wire for glasses
I am a Knitaholic, if I sit I knit. I have been knitting for well over 30 years, mainly toys and tea cosies but in the last few years I decided to start designing my own patterns and have focused on character and nature tea cosies but I am starting to think about writing toy patterns this year.