The Tea-Rex Tea Cosy knitting pattern to make this great Jurassic park classic, the king of the dinosaurs; tyrannosaurus Rex.
The Tea-Rex Tea Cosy is a fun tea cosy and kids love it.
I wanted to design a Dinosaur tea cosy that looked meaty and fearsome, and not cute and playful, so I chose to base the design on a tyrannosaurus. It was tricky getting the eyes right, but by giving him eye lids to reduce the eyeball to a slit makes the tyrannosaurus a sly and evil look.
The eye is an 18mm safety eye that is actually a cat's style eye with a slit pupil. I designed the tea cosy with a burnt orange colour, but it could be knitted in any colour.
Overall I think this tea cosy is pretty mean, and he is fun to make. To be honest, if you ask, which is the first dinosaur that people name? Tyrannosaurus, the king of the dinosaurs.
The dinosaur tea cosy fits a medium sized tea pot that covers a Teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints.
The pattern will be available for digital download as soon as you have completed purchase, so you could start knitting him very soon!
This product is the knitting pattern only to make your own Tyrannosaurus Rex tea cosy.
- made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 3.25 mm, UK size 10 or US size 3 Knitting needles,
- 90g Stylecraft Special DK Tomato double knitting wool,
- 5g black double knitting wool,
- 2g cream double knitting wool,
- 1 pair of 18mm green cat’s safety eyes,
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.