My Teeny Animals are a super project to use up odds and ends in your yarn stash. Make them for keychains, brooches, pendants, or even wear them as rings. This pattern includes six animals: a mouse, turtle, hedgehog, robin, bee and ladybug. The teeny toys are approximately 3 cm long. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The mouse tail is i-cord worked on two DPNs. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the toys and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of 4mm straight knitting needles (US 6)
- Two 4mm double pointed needles (US 6)
- A darning or tapestry needle to sew the knitted pieces together
- Small amounts of toy filling (or cotton wool balls) to stuff
- 4mm black beads for eyes
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.