Add a little ghoulish glamour to your handbag, school bag or door keys with this collection of truly monstrous makes. With this pattern you can knit eight different Halloween themed charms: Pumpkin, Frankenstein’s Monster, Dracula, Ghost, Bat, Spider, Cat and Witch’s Hat. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, each is knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). For confident beginners and above, techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, knitting stripes, and seaming to finish.
- The crew range in size from 5cm to 10cm tall.
- The pattern is 7 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are metric.
- 5cm to 10cm tall.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Toy safety eyes
- Toy filling
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Black and white embroidery thread
- 4 buttons for Frankenstein’s Monster, 8mm diameter
- Split ring keychains if making as keyring charms
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.