(5) fat eighths of assorted light cream fabrics for the
background blocks, sashing strips, and applique.
(7) fat eighths of assorted gold fabrics,
(8) fat eighths of assorted red fabrics,
(9) fat eighths of assorted light to medium blue
(3) fat eighths of assorted green fabrics for the
background blocks, sashing strips, zig-zag borders,
90cm (1 yard) of cream-on-cream print fabric for the
1.25m (1 3/8 yards) of deep blue-on-blue print fabric
for the border and binding.
(6) fat eighths of assorted brown fabrics plus fabric
scraps in brown, black, and cream for the dogs.
Assorted fabric scraps in light cream, gold, red, blue,
green, black, and black & white for the applique.
(12) pairs of small black buttons for the eyes.
Quantity of lightweight fusible webbing.
Stranded embroidery thread for the facial features.
Matching thread to suit your favourite applique
A piece of wadding (batting) measuring at least
64 1/2in x 72 1/2in.
3.7m (4 1/8 yards) of 42in wide coordinating backing
Applique mat or Teflon sheet (optional, but highly
General sewing supplies.
Supplement the fabrics in the requirements list with
fabrics from your stash to add visual interest to your
I like to use buttons on my quilts but they aren’t
suitable for children under three (3) years of age
due to them being a choking hazard. Replace the
buttons with appliqué or embroidery when you are
making the quilt.