The Mercer Top is an edgy and easy-to-sew blouse that will give your wardrobe basics an instant style upgrade with the confidence boosting power shoulder.
Designed for light to medium weight woven fabrics, the Mercer comes in 2 versions. View A is sleeveless and View B has a bracelet length sleeve with button detail. Facings finish the neckline and keyhole back along with a single button with loop closure. A simple narrow hem finishes the lower hem and sleeves. View A armholes are finished with bias tape trim. Wear the Mercer tucked into the high waisted Thompson pant or untucked with slim legged pants.
This is a layered by size, PDF pattern suitable for printing in A0 copy shop format and both A4 and US letter sized paper.
Page quantity: View A is 1 page A0, 25 pages tiled. View B is 2 pages A0, 32 pages tiled.
Lightweight to medium weight wovens with a bit of body such as cotton poplin, chambray, silk shantung, polyester, and blends with tencel. Allow extra fabric to match plaids or stripes.
- Printable PDF pattern files in A0 Copy shop and A4/US Letter
- Illustrated step by step sewing instructions
- Pattern and instructions are in inches
- Patterns are layered by size
Materials you need at home:
- All views: ⅜” button with shank for neck closure
- All views: ¼ yard of lightweight fusible Interfacing
- All views: For button loop, 2” of 1mm elastic OR ¼” bias tape
- View A: 2 yards bias tape in matching color
- View B: 2 - ⅜” shank buttons for sleeve trim
Sewing and the City
Putting the fashion in sewing! With pdf sewing patterns and how-to courses, Sewing and the City makes it possible for you to sew a wardrobe you love to wear. Check out my blog for more: sewingandthecity.com