I'm very happy that you are interested in our amazing purse "Red Rocks", which is named after the impressive rocks that can be admired in the magically-beautiful area ofSedona, Arizona.
“Red Rocks” is cute, stylish, and offers plenty of space for everything you would like to store. The small darts are giving the bag volume without making it appear too voluminous. Finished size: approx. 37 x 24 cm (closed), depending on the seam allowance you use.
You can make the purse from several materials: Cotton, quilted fabric, faux leather, canvas, jeans, and canvas are all very suitable. The flap provides enough space for nice applications and embroidery (you can also find application templates at the end of the instruction).
- Sewing time
A practiced sewer should be able to finish the bag in about 2-3 hours.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to write me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suitable for beginners: Because we describe each step in detail, the pattern is also suitable for sewing beginners who have already learned a little bit about their sewing machine.
- The Red Rocks Sewing Pattern
- Patterns for applique
- Illustrated tutorial with 44 photos
- Suitable for Beginners
- Metric Measurement
Materials you need at home:
- Fabric requirements
- You need about 40 cm of main fabric and lining, non-woven fusible stabilizer and volume interfacing (also fusible).
- Optional Fabric scraps for the applique
- You will also need
- Shoulder Strap 150-160 cm (any width you like)
- 2 pieces of strap, 5 cm length each
- Depending on the width of the shoulder strap
- 2 D-rings
- 2 hooks with swivel
- 1 belt slider
- 1 magnetic closure for sewing
- 1 zip, 20-22 cm in length
- Alternatively One 20 cm long piece of endless zipper
We love sewing and crafting - and we are real fabric addicts! On our blog SewSimple.de we share our ideas, hacks and patterns.