As the name suggests, the Tip Toe Up sock is worked from the toe to the cuff and has a completely replaceable heel and toe. This is a skill-building pattern with step by step instructions for Turkish cast-on, grafting on the needles a stretchy sewn bind-off with no sewing and heel and toe replacement included.
Instructions are written for your preferred choice of needles: four or five dpns, two short circulars or one long circular needle for Magic Loop.
Skills required: knitting in the round, increases / decreases, Turkish cast-on, grafting on the needles, stretchy sewn bind-off with no sewing
Gauge: 34 sts and 50 rows = 4" / 10 cm in stockinette stitch
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- To fit foot circumference 5 (6 1⁄4, 7 1⁄4, 8, 9)” [12.5 (16, 18.5, 20.5, 23) cm]
- Intermediate skill level
Materials you need at home:
- 125 (190, 300, 400, 505) yd [115 (175, 275, 365, 460) m] sock yarn (MC)
- 35 (45, 60, 85, 100) yd [30 (40, 55, 75, 95) m] sock yarn (CC)
- 2.25 mm (US 1) needles one long or two short circular needles or dpns
- If you use one long circular for Magic Loop method, you will need a second needle the same size or smaller for the grafting—short circular or dpn works fine.
- 1 self-locking stitch marker (optional)
A Holli Yeoh pattern is sure to offer something to learn, as well as a casually elegant aesthetic. Interesting techniques and clear instructions—developed from years of teaching and pattern writing experience—ensure a rewarding knit with beautiful results. Her work has appeared in industry leading publications including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Press, and Amirisu, as well as in her website (holli yeoh.com) and in her book Tempest, published in collaboration with SweetGeorgia Yarns.