The best popcorn ever, is the crocheted kind !
This pattern will guide you to crochet a tissue box cover as shown in pictures, made using soft acrylic yarn (DK / 8 ply) and crochet hook E (3.5 mm). The cover can also be made using wool or cotton yarn, as long as you can meet gauge for this pattern. Finished size will be, approx. h x w x l : 7.09” x 5.1” x 5.1” (18 x 13 x 13 cm). Stylecraft Special DK was used to create the sample in the pictures.
Some parts of this pattern will be worked up in rows. Some other parts will be worked up in continuous rounds.
Approx. Gauge: Before you start, you may need to check your gauge. This is important for fitting the cover over the tissue box. 5 sc = 1” (2.5 cm)
Skill Level: Advanced beginner / Intermediate
crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
yarn: red (approx. 25 gram, 75 m, 80 y), white (approx. 35 gram, 103 m, 113 y), cream (approx. 50 gram, 150 m, 161 y), small amounts of yellow, blue
stitch marker, tapestry needle, measuring tape, pins, scissors, fiberfill stuffing
1 square tissue box (I used Kleenex, size: 4.33” x 3.94” x 4.72” - 11 x 10 x 12 cm (l x w x h))
Stitches used: chain, slip stitch, single crochet, double crochet, bobble stitch, working in back of loops, increasing, decreasing
This crochet pattern is an original ©Millionbells design and is written in ENGLISH, in US terminology.
- English version (US terminology) of the pattern (PDF) is available as instant download after received payment.
- PDF Crochet Pattern
- English (US terms), Inches
- Written Instructions, Clear Pictures
Materials you need at home:
- crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
- yarn: red (approx. 25 gram, 75 m, 80 y), white (approx. 35 gram, 103 m, 113 y), cream (approx. 50 gram, 150 m, 161 y), small amounts of yellow, blue
- stitch marker, tapestry needle, measuring tape, pins, scissors, fiberfill stuffing
- 1 square tissue box (I used Kleenex, size: 4.33” x 3.94” x 4.72” - 11 x 10 x 12 cm (l x w x h))
Hello dear fellow crocheters. Thank you for visiting my pattern shop. My name is Marjan, I come from a family with creative genes, which I fortunately inherited. Besides designing new and contemporary crochet patterns, I have a creative side job as a florist, close to my hometown here in the Netherlands. I hope, that you like my designs and have as much fun crocheting as I do!