This adorable creature won’t go anywhere, it will stay right at your side, providing you tissue after tissue, after tissue.
This pattern will guide you to crochet a snail tissue holder as shown in pictures, made using soft acrylic yarn (DK / 8 ply) and crochethook E (3.5 mm). The snail can also be made using wool or cotton yarn, as long as it’s suitable for crochet hook E (3.5 mm)
The holder has an opening at the top of the snail’s shell to insert a package of tissues, and closes with 2 buttons. Finished size will be approx. 9.3” x 9.9” (23 x 25 cm) (h x w) The snail in pictures was made using SMC Bravo, similar to Stylecraft Special DK.
The snail is crocheted in continuous rounds, amigurumi style.
Approx. gauge: 10 sc = 2” (5 cm), 10 dc = 2.4” (6 cm)
Skill level: advanced beginner / intermediate
crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
multi colored yarn, white yarn (each approx. 100 gr, 322 yrd, 294 m), small amount of black yarn
safety eyes 9 mm, fiberfill stuffing (preferably a sturdy kind)
stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins
the package of tissues from a square box of tissues, 2 white buttons diameter 0.9“ (1.2 cm)
optional: white sewing thread, pvc pallets
Stitches used: slip stitches, single/half double/double crochet, increasing, decreasing.
This crochet pattern is an original ©Millionbells design, described in English, using US terminology.
• English version (US terms) of the pattern (PDF) is available as instant download after received payment.
- PDF Crochet Pattern
- English (US terms), Inches
- Written Instructions, Clear Pictures
Materials you need at home:
- crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
- multi colored yarn, white yarn (each approx. 100 gr, 322 yrd, 294 m), small amount of black yarn
- safety eyes 9 mm, fiberfill stuffing (preferably a sturdy kind)
- stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins
- the package of tissues from a square box of tissues, 2 white buttons diameter 0.9“ (1.2 cm)
- optional: white sewing thread, pvc pallets
Hello dear fellow crocheters. Thank you for visiting my pattern shop. My name is Marjan, I come from a family with creative genes, which I fortunately inherited. Besides designing new and contemporary crochet patterns, I have a creative side job as a florist, close to my hometown here in the Netherlands. I hope, that you like my designs and have as much fun crocheting as I do!