Use leftover self-patterning sock yarn paired with a solid from your stash to knit these fun Fair Isle-like mittens. Six mitten sizes range from newborn to big kids.
Skills required: knitting in the round, knitting with double-pointed needles, decreases
Gauge: 30 sts and 42 rows = 4" / 10 cm in stockinette stitch in the round
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- 6 sizes baby, 1-2 yrs, 2-4 yrs, 4-6 yrs, 6-8 yrs, 8+ yrs
- Advanced beginner skill level
Materials you need at home:
- Fingering or sock yarn
- 14 (16, 20, 23, 28, 34) m [15 (17, 22, 25, 30, 36) yd] each self-patterning (MC) and solid (CC)
- 1 set of five 2.75 mm (US 2) double-pointed needles
A Holli Yeoh pattern is sure to offer something to learn, as well as a casually elegant aesthetic. Interesting techniques and clear instructions—developed from years of teaching and pattern writing experience—ensure a rewarding knit with beautiful results. Her work has appeared in industry leading publications including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Press, and Amirisu, as well as in her website (holli yeoh.com) and in her book Tempest, published in collaboration with SweetGeorgia Yarns.