Introducing Tommy the Toucan, a cuddly bird with a colourful beak. Tommy is 18 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The toes are i-cord pieces knitted on two double pointed needles (DPNs). This pattern incorporates short rows (wrap and turn). You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the toucan plus photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Two 3.5mm DPNs (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Black buttons for eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.