Introducing my Tooley Owl knitting pattern. This is a very basic knitting pattern, ideal for beginner knitters or if you are new to making toys. Tooley is 11 cm tall and 12 cm wide. Included is a photo tutorial showing how to change colours to knit the broad stripes for the owl’s tummy. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work a k2tog decrease, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the owl plus photos.
- A tutorial showing how to change colours.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Black buttons for eyes
- White and yellow felt fabric
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.