This toy turtle is an easy knit, and a super project if you are new to knitting toys. Techniques used include knitting stripes, and simple increases and decreases for shaping. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the turtle is knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). For beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the turtle with photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- One size only - 25cm long and 23cm wide (including the legs).
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Domed buttons for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.