Tote Bag PDF Sewing Pattern | Sewing Gift | Shopping Bag
The Ava pattern is an easy and practical tote bag that is straightforward and quick to sew! This is a perfect beginner-friendly project that uses less than a metre of fabric and can be sewn in 1 hour.
Watch the Sew-along Youtube Video over on my channel https://youtu.be/6bw2G0I6f00
The finished dimensions of the bag are 12" Width x 14" Height (30 x 35 cm) This tote bag pattern has a more square, boxy bottom creating a more structured and stable finish. There are two options for this sewing pattern. Version A is a simple, classic tote bag and Version B includes a stylish colour blocking effect. You will need a sewing machine to make this bag, an overlocker is optional for finishing seams.
This pattern uses less than 1 metre of fabric and works best with Canvas, Linen and Upholstery weighted fabrics. Version A uses 1/2 a metre of fabric and Version B uses 1/2 a metre of fabric and 1/3 a metre of fabric for the colour blocking effect. Both examples of the pattern in the photographs are made with canvas fabrics.
The PDF pattern comes with detailed written and illustrated instructions which is perfect for beginner sewists as well as a sew-along Youtube Video.
- Step-by-step, illustrated instructions to help you with sewing your tote!
- Youtube video sew-along in the description, so perfect for beginners!
- PDF pattern for large format printing (A0)
Materials you need at home:
- Printer for printing the PDF pattern
- Less than 1 metre of fabric. This pattern works best with Canvas, Linen and Upholstery weighted fabrics.
- Colour blocking fabric if sewing version B
Effortlessly stylish and modern sewing patterns. Follow along on Instagram @tammy.handmade