Introducing my Toy Truck knitting pattern. The truck has a trailer on the back to store toys or treats. The truck is 10 cm tall, 17 cm long and 10 cm wide. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The window struts are single crochet chains sewn on after making up. This pattern incorporates short rows. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams
- Instructions for making the truck and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Buttons for headlights
- A 3.5mm crochet hook
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.