My Toy Vehicles are super-squishy autos that are easy to make and come with lovely simple details. They can also be used as little throw cushions. With this knitting pattern you can make a yellow taxi cab, a police car and an ambulance. The cars are 27 cm wide and 11 cm tall and the ambulance 25 cm wide and 13 cm tall (not including the light bars on top). All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, Swiss darning (duplicate stitch) embroidery, and sew seams.
- Instructions and photos for making the 3 vehicles.
- Measurements are in metric.
- Materials list and suggested yarns.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5 mm (US 4) single-pointed knitting needles
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.