Climbing trees and making forts bolster their adventurous spirits year-round. Let their clothes keep up with their explorations with these comfy vintage-style “pantaloons”.
This pattern adapts with the seasons—make them from linen for breezy shoreside strolls or with wintery wool paired with tights—for snuggly outdoor play.
For more information, pictures and other patterns, please visit: http://www.twigandtale.com/
- PDF pattern features
- Shorts and Pantaloon lengths
- Back + Side pockets (optional)
- Vintage styling
- Skill Level Beginner
- Unisex sizes from Infant to Age 10
Materials you need at home:
- Suggested Fabrics
- Winter Light to medium weight wools, velvet or other fabrics with a little drape.
- Spring/Autumn Corduroy is lovely.
- Summer Breezy cottons and linens with a reasonable drape. , , Other Supplies & Notions
- Spool of coordinating thread
- Large safety pin for threading the elastic through
- Small piece of ribbon or a tag to indicate back of pantaloons
, Fabric Requirements
- You will need the amounts listed in the chart below of 44”/115cm wide fabric.
- Fabric amounts include two of the larger pockets.
- You may need more if matching plaids/checks or if you have a directional fabric. , , Sizing Chart https//www.twigandtale.com/pages/tree-climber-pantaloons-size-chart-materials-list
Twig + Tale
From my treehouse studio hidden within the New Zealand forest, I draft clothing and toy patterns that capture the essence of childhood storybooks. To me, sewing is a magical journey, full of adventure and the wonderful tales that each material holds. I believe in reusing fabrics when possible and bringing new life to old things, in spending time (sometimes together, sometimes alone) to let the spirit run free.
Twig & Tale is for everyone who shares a love of creativity and an adventurous spirit—beginner sewers especially! It's a celebration of the innocence of childhood and the wonder of nature. It's about comfy clothes and warm things like hugs and capes and coats. It's about handmade, love, and imaginary play—featuring classic, simple patterns that inspire us all to tell a story.