Trellis Beret - knitting pattern
Trellis is a modern beret, knit in the round with panels of stocking stitch and eyelets. This is an ideal Hat for beginning lace knitters and is easily adjusted for different sizes.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, basic lace, I-cords
Gauge: 16 sts x 24 rows to 4in/10cm on 5.5mm needles over St.St.
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 18 (20, 22) in/ 45.5 (51, 56) cm (Finished size 16 (18, 20) in/ 40.5 (45.5, 51) cm)
- Written & charted instructions; illustrated tutorials for Cable Cast-on & I-cords
Materials you need at home:
- 92 (112, 135) yd/84 (103, 123) m chunky weight, plied yarn (Sample shown in Lion Brand Lion Wool Solids (158yd/144m per 85g; 100% Wool))
- 24yd/22m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 5.5mm/UK5/US9 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.