A hoodie for a dinosaur-mad youngster.
The sweater features a Dinosaur (Tyrannosaurus) on the front This is a striking, warm and trendy sweater for children from 2 to 12 years.
Any Aran/Worsted yarn (10 ply) can be used so long as it matches the tension – 18 stitches and 24 rows to 10 cm (4 inches) over stocking stitch using 5 mm needles.
The garment shown is knitted in James C. Brett With Wool Aran (colour 08), Stylecraft Special Aran (colour Dark Brown 1004) and Stylecraft Special Aran (colour Camel 1420)
Other Suggested yarns include: Berroco Vintage Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran James C. Brett with Wool Aran King Cole Merino Blend Aran Rico Design Essentials Soft Merino Aran Sirdar Supersoft Aran
Needles: 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 - USA8) and 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - USA6)
An easy and quick design to knit. The pattern includes colour coded sizes for ages from 2 to 12 years and a large full-page coloured intarsia chart.
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern for ages 2-12 years
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Large Coloured Intarsia Chart to follow for the TRex
- Colour coded pattern for the different sizes
Materials you need at home:
- 1 ball James C. Brett With Wool Aran (colour 08)
- 1 ball Stylecraft Special Aran (colour Dark Brown 1004)
- 1 ball Stylecraft Special Aran (colour Camel 1420)
- 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 - USA8) knitting needles
- 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - USA6) knitting needles
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.