Inspired by the fabulous colors and scenery of the American Southwest, the Truth of Consequences Ruana incorporates dual front pockets hidden in the sideways knitted stripes, while garter rows offset the solid stockinette body from the striped sections. Balanced use of the five accent colors maximizes the color effect. The easy intarsia back focal point and slightly variated front designs keep the knitter interested. The Ruana is finished perfectly with an added-on shawl collar. The knitted stripes result in the multi-colored fringe.
- Row by row instructions and charted colorwork map.
- both metric and inches provided
- 2 sizes: S/M/L and XL/2XL/3XL
Materials you need at home:
- dk weight: 1000 (1400) yards/ 914 (1280) meters MC;
- dk weight:150 (200) yards/ 137 (183) meters each of 5 CCs
- 47" (120 cm) long Circular needles
- tapestry needle
- at least 6 stitch markers
Renate Kamm/Yarn-Stube Designs
I live in San Diego, CA and recently retired from an amazing international work live. I’ve published my first pattern in 2013. Now I design and knit and crochet full time. It was easy to switch from work-travel to pleasure-travel. Should you be interested in any of my designs or patterns and need more information before you make the purchase, please don’t hesitate and send me your questions. I will answer any questions as promptly as possible.