Hey there stash lady!
Need a fun project for those left over bits 1 yard and 1/2 yard fabric in your stash? Fabrics you love and can't bear to part with, but just don't know what to make?
The Tsuno Tie Bag pattern + spreadsheet will get you sewing and destashing in no time.
It's a super quick project! Perfect for the beginner or those that want to jump back into sewing. Don't worry about messing up and waste a bunch of cash on expensive fabric, you can use quilting cotton or upcycle old bedding. Learn and practice new techniques like the French seam, double fold hem, edge stitching and mitered corners. Techniques that can be used in many future sewing projects.
It's an great way to turn a rectangle into a fancy storage bag with pointy handles to tie it closed or add a strap and use it as a shoulder bag. Use the bag for storage, as reusable gift wraps, as a diy teacher gift, as a produce bag, shoe bag, project bag to store your knitting, to organize scraps for that future scrappy quilt or as a shoulder bag with the strap.
There is free copy of the PDF pattern in size XXS including the instructions for the basic bag if you sign up for the newsletter on charlottekan.com, but if you want to create custom recipes with the spreadsheet + all the sizes + strap pattern for the larger sizes you can grab your copy here.
DIFFICULTY Beginner with a few projects under their belt.
- A handy spreadsheet to create custom recipes (you'll need Microsoft Excel)
- Seam allowance is included
- A0 Copyshop File included
- Home Print suitable for A4 and Letter
ZIP FILE INCLUDES FOLLOWING PDF FILES
*the files are all PDF files and come packaged as a zipfile, you'll need to download these from a laptop or pc.
HOME PRINT A4/LETTER
- All sizes + strap separately 35 pages (cut lines are butted against eachother for reduces cutting action)
- All sizes nested + strap 12 pages
- All sizes + strap separately
- Copy Shop A0 : 2 X A0 pages includes all sizes + strap
XXS - 18 x 18 cm / 7 1/8" x 71/8" XS - 21.5 X 21.5 cm / 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" S - 25.2 x 25.2 cm / 9 7/8" x 9 7/8" M - 30.5 X 30.5 cm / 12" x 12" L - 36 x 36 cm / 14 1/8" x 19 1/8" XL - 42 x 42 cm / 16 1/2" x 19 1/8" XXL - 48.5 x 48.5 cm / 19 1/8" x 19 1/8"
Thread [Optional] 4 x D-rings for the strap
- Edge stitching
- French seam
- Double fold hem
- Mitered corners
- Boxed corners
- cm + inch measurements
- excel sheet for custom sizes
- video tutorials
Materials you need at home:
- (optional) 4 D-rings for the strap
- light to medium weigth fabrics
- 1,5m / 1 3/4 yard. of 111cm / 44" wide fabric if you want to sew all the sizes.
- sewing machine
- steam iron & ironing board
- fabric scissors
- ruler & set Triangle
- Microsoft Excel for the spreadsheet
What I do and love: Designing & sewing & pattern cutting > Versatile women's wear with a playful twist. I'm inspired by the slow fashion movement and I use organic cotton and sustainable fibers where I can. Besides that I like to knit, embroider, drink coffee an travel to hike in the mountains.