- Detailed pattern for three different versions in ladies size
- Many tipps how to alter the pattern for any gauge and any size – the pattern is very versatile!
- Many suggestions for your own colourway
- Step-by-step tutorials with pictures for the more elaborate techniques (yarn over increases, decreases)
Materials you need at home:
- Original yarn, Donegal Yarns Aran Tweed Knitting Wool from Kilcar in Donegal, Ireland, 100 % wool, 160 m/100 g (80 m/50 g)
- For example Short version with pompom: Purple 4814 40 g, White 1443 14 g, Light grey 2017 7 g, Pompom 15 bis 20 g
- Alternative yarns, for example: Kilcarra Tweed from Landlust, Debbie Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed Aran, LL 88 m/50 g, Plymouth Yarn Homestead Tweed, LL 175 m/100 g, Katia Scotch Tweed, LL 95 m/50 g
- Circular needle 80 cm, 3.5 or 4 mm
- Set of double pointed needles 3.5 or 4 mm
- Crochet hook 4 mm
- Optional Pompom Maker or fake fur pompom
UHURA is a hat that is rustic and fururistic alike thanks to robust tweed yarn and an intersting not-your-everyday-hat design. The uneven edge forms tiny concave tips that nevertheless do the trick to keep your ears warm but avoid the hat to slip over your eyes – the perfect solution for all who find earflaps a bit too folkloristic.
The colour range of the original yarn inspired me to a shipload of hats – just have a look at the pictures to give you an idea of the endless possibilities for your personal UHURA hat!
Skill level: Advanced beginner
Gauge: 18 stitches x 27 rows = 10 x 10 cm = 4 x 4 inches (I knitted very tight!)
What others have made
I love knitting! (There will be a longer version of my introduction soon, but for the time being, this sentence says it all, doesn't it?)