Twilight Disco is a delightfully whimsical shawl – a lovely layering piece with a lot of playful character. From the easy mindless knitting in the body of the shawl, to the colorful patterning in the border, what’s not to like?!
The shawl is started with a garter tab. The color work in the border is done using the slip-stitch mosaic technique, so you will be handling only one strand of yarn at all times. The border patterning is both charted and written out.
Difficulty level: This triangle-shaped shawl is knit from the top down, starting with a garter tab cast-on. The edging uses the slip-stitch mosaic color work technique. Stitches used include knit, purl, right- and left-leaning increases, k2tog tbl, as well as slipping stitches. This pattern is therefor suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements: Finished dimensions of the sample shawl: 165.5 cm (65 inches) along the upper edge and a depth of 73.5 cm (29 inches), measured after blocking.
Change the size of the Twilight Disco shawl by using heavier or lighter weight yarn and/or working less (or more) repeats of the various sections. This will, of course, change the amount of yarn needed.
- Written and charted pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate knitter
- Written for a gauge of Approx. 15 sts / 28 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over body pattern, measured after blocking. Gauge is not critical in this design, but should give you a fabric that you like with the yarn used.
- Digital PDF has 6 pages (letter size)
Materials you need at home:
- Yarn: Jawoll Superwash by Lang Yarns (75% wool, 25% nylon; 210 m (230 yds) / 50 g) in the following colors. Substitute any plied fingering weight yarn in solid or tonal colors for a similar result. MC: 420 m (460 yds) / 100 g in 226 Pale Gray, CC: 210 m (230 yds) / 50 g in 385 Neon Pink.
- Size 3.5 mm (US 4) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles, choose needles appropriate for the yarn chosen.
- Yarn needle
- 4 stitch markers
How lovely to meet you! I’m Susanne Visch and I live in the Netherlands. Not only the country of tulips, cheese, and windmills but also of Dutch Design.
I find it important to provide user-friendly instructions for interesting patterns. In most cases, my patterns feature both written and charted instructions, with detailed explanations of the techniques used.