This snake is knitted using short rows so they keep in a twirly spiral shape, and uses simple increases and decreases to shape the tail and head. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the snake is knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, knitting stripes, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the snake and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
- 110cm long
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Buttons for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.