Ultimate carry all bag for sewing and crafts
This elegant bag will carry and organize all your sewing, quilting or any other craft supplies. Dimensions - 14"x11"x7". This 27 pages tutorial is loaded with detailed 123 pictures and step-by-step instructions how to make this handy and useful bag for any kind of crafts. You will learn how to make 5 different types pockets and some other handy tips . This bag has 18 pockets, plus additional vinyl clear bags, attached to the swivel hook for smaller items (needles, embellishments, templates, small rulers, thimbles, etc). Large zippered pockets are the size of a standard magazine, will also fit ipad/tablet or small cutting mat. Traditional size patterns will fit smaller pockets. Multiple tools, scissors, cutters, etc. are vertically stored in mesh pockets, efficiently saving the room and providing an easy access. There is enough room in between the pockets for the fabrics, plastic divided boxes, miniature iron, thread spools, and other items. 6”x12” or any smaller ruler will easily slide under the pockets, making the bottom even sturdier. Separating zipper on the top provides using the flap side of the bag as an ironing pad, which can be replaced by beading mat for jewelry makers, chalk board for drawings and notes, foam or plastic pad for other crafts. The shorter zippered pocket with additional mesh pocket and 4 more pockets on the sides, will give you easy and convenient access to all your markers, pencils, pens, seam rippers, snipers, etc., which are efficiently organized in loops on elastic band, attached to the large pocket in front of you, when open. The loops are stitched by 45 degrees angle, which keeps your markers, pencils and tools from falling off and also gives you more space for longer tools or knitting needles and hooks. There are also two pockets on the outside of the bag, one is lined up and zippered on the front and the other is fold pocket on the back, which also makes a sleeve to carry this bag on the top of the rolling sewing machine tote or any travel bag. I hope you will enjoy making this bag and will be happy to use it for your multiple projects. You are welcome to visit my blog "Quiltessa.Patchwork palette" for more information or just for fun! You can also find my video demonstrations of this and my other bags on my Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwb8KOpuCDumPZOqXL3tYCRq988gqR764. Thanks for visiting and sharing with friends! Happy sewing! You are welcome to visit my FB group "Sewing with Natalie Quiltessa" and join the conversation if you need assistance when making this bag. If you are interested in automatically translated in German version of this tutorial, please, contact me.
- This is not an easy pattern, I would consider it as advanced. You need to have basic sewing skills, need to know how work with zippers, fusible interfacings, mesh fabric and lining. It's not a "one day to make " bag, it will take you several days to complete the first one, but when you complete your first bag, the next one will be much easier and faster to make. And you will be rewarded by having this perfect and unique organizer for all your essentials in one bag, which can be also carried on a roller bag.
- The measurements in inches.
- Loaded with pictures
Materials you need at home:
- 1 yard of exterior fabric, Lining fabric - 38", , Fusible one-side interfacing Pellon Peltex 71F type - 22", Ironing pad pre-quilted fabric - 11"x12 1/2",
- Fabric for interior pockets - 27", Fusible interfacing Pellon 808 type - 55"
- Mesh fabric - 5" wof (width of the fabric), Twill tape - 57", Elastic band - 19", 4 pair snap fasteners, One separating purse zipper 12", 2 zippers 12", 2 zippers 8", 1 swivel hook for additional vinyl pockets (optional)
What others have made
Quiltessence by Quiltessa Natalie
Love sewing, knitting, crocheting and other crafts since childhood. When moved to the States , fell in love with quilting. Later on became a designer, mostly for sewing, quilting and making bags and sewing organizers. I have my own studio and run my Quiltess.com store since 2012. You might also like my Etsy shop Quiltessence by Quiltessa Natalie, where you can find my patterns, sewing notions, fabrics, my handmade designer bags and more.