Un bain de soleil - dress + top for girls
Un bain de soleil (“a sun bath”) is a colourful dress or top, with straps. The perfect dress or top when the sun is shining !
The dress is made with a knitted bodice and a sewn fabric skirt. This pattern is available as a top too : it is like the top of the dress, just a little longer. Straps are buttoned on the back. The bottom adge is adorned with a simple lace pattern in 2 colours. The lace part is explained by chart + written instructions.
Sizes : 2-4-6-8-10-12 years.
- knitting tutorial
- Imperial and metric measurements
- sizes 2 to 12 years
- lace pattern charted and written
Materials you need at home:
- for the dress 100 (125/150/175/200/225) meters in main colour and 50 (50/50/75/75/75) meters in contrasting colour.
- for the top 150 (175/200/225/250/275) meters in main colour and 75 (75/75/100/100/100) meters in contrasting colour.
- Circular needles US 2½ - 3.0 mm and US 1½ - 2.5 mm.
- 1 stitch marker.
- 2 x 1/2 inch / 13 mm buttons.
- For the dress two pieces of coordinating fabric (light cotton) 50 (54/58/62/68/74) cm / 19¾ (21¼/22¾/24½/26¾/29) yards wide and 42 (45/49/52/56/60) cm / 16½ (17¾/19¼/20½/ 23¼/23½) yards long.
Atelier des Glenettes
I've been knitting since childhood and never stopped: I always need to be creating something with my hands! I knit for my children, my family, my friends... and for a while now, I've been working on models for myself. I do hope you like my patterns!
You can follow me on Facebook too: https://www.facebook.com/atelierdesglenettes/