- US Imperial measurements
- detailed illustrated instructions
- skill level intermediate (borders require very accurate piecing)
Materials you need at home:
- fabric requirements based on usable fabric width of 40"
- 1 1/8 yd cream fabric for the sashing and the background
- 1 yd black fabric for the sashing, the cornerstones and the borders
- 3/4 yd red fabric for the stars, the borders and the binding
- 3/8 yd each of yellow, green and blue fabric for the stars and the borders
- backing fabric
Traditional Friendship Star blocks in bright colours surrounded by multiple borders make up this cheerful crib quilt. This is a good project to practice sewing half-square triangles.
Accurate 1/4" seams are required. The blocks and borders are fairly easy to piece but your seams have to be very accurate to make the pieced borders fit together. This makes it not suitable for beginners.
FINISHED SIZE BEFORE QUILTING approx. 39" x 52"
Pumpkin Patch BC
I am Beatrice Rieske from Berlin, Germany, now residing in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. I like all kinds of crafts and have tried everything from knitting and embroidery to sewing apparel. Quilting is my true love, and I was lucky enough to make it my profession by quilting for others on my APQS Millie longarm machine. I have been making up my own patterns for a long time and finally decided to give it a try and publish them.