Unicorn Chunky Sweater
Knitting pattern for a Chunky sweater featuring a cute Unicorn for children aged 4 to 11 years. Knitted in Chunky (12 ply) Yarn so grows very quickly. Large, coloured intarsia chart to follow for the Unicorn's head and the pattern is colour coded for the different sizes.
YARN Any Chunky yarn (12 ply) can be used so long as it gives the same tension as below.
A link to the yarn supplier is available in the pattern.
Garment Tension – 14 stitches and 20 rows to 10 cm (4 inches) over stocking stitch using 6mm needles
Needles: 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 - USA8) and 1 pair of 6 mm (UK4 - USA10)
An easy and quick design to knit. The pattern includes colour coded sizes for ages from 4 to 11 years and a large full-page coloured intarsia chart for the Unicorn.
Pattern Language - English
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Ages 4- 11 years
- Colour coded for different sizes and large charts to follow
Materials you need at home:
- The garment shown is knitted in Paintbox Yarns Simply Chunky – Raspberry Pink (343), Dusty Lilac (346), Candyfloss Pink (349), Paper White (300), Daffodil Yellow (321), Royal Blue (340), Dolphin Blue (336)
- 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 - USA8) knitting needles
- 1 pair of 6 mm (UK4 - USA10) knitting needles
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.