A knitting pattern for an Aran/Worsted (10 ply) Sweater and Hat featuring a magical Unicorn
The sweater and hat are easy to knit in Aran/Worsted yarn and the result is a unique, warm and trendy outfit.
Pattern is for ages 2 to 10 years.
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Age range 2- 12 years
- Colour coded instructions for the different sizes
- Large coloured intarsia chart for the Unicorn
Materials you need at home:
- Any Aran/Worsted yarn (10 ply) can be used so long as it gives the same tension as 18 sts and 24 rows to 10 cm (4 inches) over stocking stitch
- The garment shown is knitted in Paintbox Simply Aran which is sold in 100-gram balls.
- Colour 1 Ballet Pink (252) - 2/3 balls depending on size
- Colour 2 Washed Teal (232) - 2/3 balls depending on size
- Colour 3 Pansy Purple (247) -1 ball
- Colour 4 Tea Rose (Lilac 242) -1 ball
- Colour 5 Neon Yellow (258) -1 ball
- 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 – US8) knitting needles
- 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 – US6)
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.