The vicar tea cosy is handcrafted from double thickness yarn for extra insulation. The vicar is made from black yarn, and he has fluffy hair with a balding head. He also bears a cross, the focus of his beliefs.
More Tea Vicar? A delighful vicar tea cosy, because everyone knows how much vicars like cups of hot tea.
- To suit a teapot for 6-8 cups
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 50g black Double knitting wool,
- 25g Peach double knitting wool,
- Oddments of gold and white double knitting wool
- 1 balls of Patons Whisper or Lana Grossa knitting wool gold or ginger, (for hair)
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.