- illustrated with colour photos ,
- different sizes included ,
- UK and US versions ,
- full e-mail support ,
Crochet pattern for two elegant and practical mesh bags, adapted from a wonderful 1930s pattern. This is not your average bag and has been carefully designed with a number of important features:
- The bag folds in on itself and is secured with a drawstring, so you can easily keep it in your handbag, glovebox, etc. without it getting tangled.
- The handles are broader than usual, to avoid them cutting in to your hands.
- The mesh is closer at the bottom of the bag to support the contents.
- The mesh in the top part of the bag adjusts to better accommodate the contents.
And in addition to all the practicalities, it's pretty and elegant! You have the option of adding beads to further embellish your bag. 1930s ladies knew how to look smart!
Unlike most 'string' bags, this one is easily nice enough to give as a gift.
Choose 4ply/sport-weight yarn for the Regular bag or No 5 Crochet Cotton for the Small bag - full details are given in the pattern.
Two patterns are included:
- a small bag that is perfect for a drink and sandwich, a paperback, or small crochet project, at approximately 26cm (10”) across the top. It is about 8cm (3¼”) across when tucked into itself. It also makes a delightful bag for a child.
- a regular bag that is great for all occasions, at approximately 45cm (17½”) across the top rim. It is a compact 10cm (4”) across when tucked into itself. It can also be made with a long (shoulder) strap.
This 20-page, fully-illustrated pattern is available in UK or US crochet terminology - both versions will be available to you on purchase, just choose whichever you prefer to use.
Important features of my crochet patterns: My crochet patterns include both a detailed 'tutorial-style' set of instructions with colour photos, and a succinct unillustrated pattern using standard crochet conventions - the best of both worlds!
All my patterns come with my full support. If you have any difficulties at all when working the pattern, please e-mail me and I will be happy to provide further diagrams and explanations.
Please see my other crochet patterns.
Once purchased, this pattern remains the copyright of Little Conkers. You may not reproduce all or any part of this pattern. Please do not sell items made from this pattern, without express prior permission (which is usually granted) and credit.