Volubilis is the french term for morning glory flower. It is an herbaceous and prolific vine, which adorns many gardens. Its flowers are violet, pink or purple. I observed recently a beautiful morning glory plant at a friend’s house where I was knitting these mittens. So I named my mitten Volubilis, to remember this sunny afternoon, near a splendid curtain of flowers. The stitch pattern choosen for making these mittens shows long lines of Herringbone stitch ending with bud. They also remember me the flowers of morning glory plant.
Volubilis mittens are offered in one size. However adding or deleting a pattern repeat of 6 stitches between the first and the last stitch can adjust size.
It is said that morning glory flower is a symbol of friendship. So Volubilis mittens are a nice and elegant gift for all your best friends.
- Illustrated knitting tutorial
- Step-by-step instructions
- One size
- Intermediate difficulty level
Materials you need at home:
- Size , One size , Circumference 17 cm (7 in) , Total length 26 cm (10 in) , Cuff length 15 cm (6 in)
- Gauge , 32 sts and 42 rds measured on the Herringbone stitch pattern. , 30 sts and 42 rds measured on the stockinette.
- Yarn , Wool Malabrigo sock [100% merino, 100 gr (3,5 oz), 402 m (439 yds)] coloris Archangel, 850 1 skein. 5 double pointed needles (dpn’s) 2,5 mm (n°1)