The walrus hand puppet is designed to fit a childs hand, but it also fits smaller adult hands. You should know how to knit in rounds and be familiar with increases/decreases. You have to graft (kitchener stitch) and make an I-cord. A tutorial (with plenty pictures) on both are included in the pattern instructions.
Finished measurements: 15x10cm / 6x4inch
- step-by-step instructions in english and german
- written pattern with photos
Materials you need at home:
- 1 set of dpns size 3,5/4mm; US 4-6 depending on your gauge
- 1 tapestry needle
- 1 savety pin
- yarn in brown, light brown, white, black and light pink.
- gauge 22 stitches and 28 rows = 4 inches in stockinette
Hi, I’m Anne Mende, a textile enthusiast from Germany.
At this place I document my journey through the world of needle crafts. My mission is to help others find a way through the jungle of knitting and embroidery, too, and inspire to leave the comfort zone and try new techniques.