Introducing Wanda the Witch and her black cat, Smokey. Wanda is approximately 19cm tall (including the hat) and the cat 10cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The cat’s tail is an i-cord tube knitted on two DPNs. The cape tie and cat collar are single crochet chains. If you are not sure how to crochet, you could use a length of yarn to tie around the neck instead. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the witch and cat, and photos
- A materials list and recommended yarns
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- Two 3.75mm (US 5) DPNs to make the cat’s tail
- A 3.75mm crochet hook (US F/5) for the cat collar and cape tie.
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight); less than 50g in each colour
- Toy filling
- Two 6mm black beads for Wanda’s eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.