Introducing my Watermelon Purse knitting pattern. The watermelon slice is 16.5 cm wide and 10 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The knitting pattern uses a few simple stitches: knit, purl, knit front and back increase and purl two together decrease. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams. To finish your purse you will need to sew in a zipper.
- Instructions for making the purse.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 3 pages and is written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 5.5mm knitting needles (US 9)
- Chunky yarn (bulky weight, 12 ply)
- A zipper, sewing needle and thread
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.