There’s no need to keep this top tier in the freezer! This knitted Wedding Cake is a wonderful keepsake for that special day. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the cake, bride and groom are knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). For confident beginners and above, techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- The pattern is 7 pages and written in English
- Photos are included
- Measurements are metric
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.25 mm (US 3) single-pointed knitting needles
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Beads for eyes and to decorate
- Toy filling
- A polystyrene cake dummy for the wedding cake (or you can use toy filling to make a squidgy cake)
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.