Introducing my Wellington the Elephant knitting pattern. Wellington is snuggly and cuddly in his striped sweater. Wellington is 22 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. This pattern incorporates picking up stitches for the trunk and a three needle join for the legs, and instructions with photos are included in the pattern. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the elephant and his sweater.
- Measurements are in metric.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 9 pages and written in English.
Materials you need at home:
- Two pairs (i.e. four needles in total) straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- Toy safety eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.