- The pattern includes row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- Instructions for making the elephant and his sweater
- 23 photos
- A list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 9 pages and written in English.
WELLINGTON THE ELEPHANT TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
Wellington is snuggly and cuddly in his striped sweater. You can knit your own elephant to cuddle with this knitting pattern.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles. You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, sew seams, and knit stripes (i.e. change colour at the end of a row). This pattern incorporates picking up stitches for the trunk and a three needle join for the legs. Step by step instructions for both of these with photos are included in the pattern.
FINISHED SIZE: Wellington the elephant is approximately 22cm tall.