Welsh corgi tea cosy
This cute tea cosy is modelled on the Pembroke Welsh Corgi breed of dog, the breed of choice of the Queen. The corgi tea cosy has the the breeds traditional big ears, and fluffy scruff and chest. The Pembroke Corgi is the one with a docked tail, so at the back of the tea cosy you will find a small stubby tail. The dog is in a 'sit' position so it's tail is at the bottom of the tea cosy. The corgi tea cosy is knitted with double thickness yarn to keep the tea pot. The knitting pattern is easy to follow with clear instructions and a knitting chart to help you knit the plush chest.
Sit and Stay! with the Pembroke Welsh Corgi tea cosy.
- This Tea Cosy fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- What you will need to make the pattern
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 50g Sandy double knitting wool
- 50g Natural Eskimo wool
- 25g Cream double knitting wool
- 16mm brown safety eyes
- 18mm safety nose and Stuffing
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.