This submarine toy has a propellor that turns round for fun playtime. Techniques used in this pattern include knitting stripes, and simple increases and decreases for shaping. Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the submarine is knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, a little embroidery decoration and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the submarine.
- Measurements are in metric.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- One size only - 15cm long x 13cm tall x 8cm wide.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- A 20mm button
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.