Do you like mochila bag but are the patterns look too difficult. I have made a smaller project. A hat with a brim with 4 white stars. Only the brim is made with the techniques used for a mochila bag. This way you can get familiar with the techniques and still get a beautiful result.
This pattern is for a slouchy hat with 4 white stars on it. You can make this hat in the sizes: teen and adult (woman) Headsize teen: 52.5 cm/ 20.7 inch, hat 52 cm/ 20 inch, height 23 cm/9 inch Headsize adult woman: 56 cm/22 inch, hat 55 cm/21.7, height 23 cm/9 inch The brim with the 4 stars is approx. 11 cm/4.3 inch high.
You will get the pattern in American, English and Dutch crochet terms.
The stitches that are used are: American: chain, Single Crochet, Half Double Crochet, Slipstitch and Magic Ring (Hook H 8 = 5 mm hook) English: chain, Double Crochet, Half Treble, Slipstitch and Magic Ring (Hook 6 = 5 mm hook)
- Crochet Pattern (in American and English crochet terms)
- Metric Measurement ((meters) and US Measurement (yards/inches)
- Sizes teen and adult woman
- Suitable for intermediate
Materials you need at home:
- yarn for hook H 8 (US) and hook 6 (UK) (= 10 ply/Aran; I've used Drops Nepal and Alaska , Turquoise you need between 100 grams (size hat teen) and 110 grams (size hat adult woman) of light turquoise yarn (between150 meters/ 164 yds and 165 meters/180 yds). , White and approx. 30 grams of white yarn for both sizes (45 meters/ 49yds).
- hook H 8 (US) hook 6 (UK) (= 5 mm hook).
Welcome to my Makerist page.
Here you will find original pattern designs in knit and crochet.
Inspired and crafted with my love of nature. I always aim for comfort, warmth and versatility, (and sometimes funny and quirky) timeless pieces.
Fun and usually easy knitting and crochet projects for you, your kids and your home!